Zurich is a very interesting city for gay tourists. They can discover many fascinating things, meet new people, visit cultural events and have a great time.
Zurich is a very gay-friendly city. Still, there are some extra gay neighborhoods. Where do queer Zurichers drink their coffee? Where do they serve the gayest cocktails? Where can you meet new people in a relaxed atmosphere? Do not worry – we will take you there.
Our first step is Niederdorf, the historical centre of Zurich’s LGBT community.
“Niederdorf” is popularly known as “Dörfli” or “Niederdörfli” and is part of the old town of Zurich. It stretches from Central to Stüssihofstatt. “Niederdorf” is mainly known as an amusement district. There are many restaurants, bars, cinemas and clubs.
*Barfüsser, the oldest gay bar in Europe. It is a place of history! Nowadays you get Sushi and Cocktails – so it is still worth a visit.
Address: Spitalgasse 14, 8001 Zurich
*Platzhirsch – the cool Lifestyle bar is located in the hotel with the same name.
Address: Spitalgasse 3, 8001 Zurich
*Cranberry is a very popular gay cocktail bar in Zurich. Check here for more information on the location.
Address: Metzgergasse 3, 8001 Zurich
* Predigerhof Bistro Bar
Address: Mühlegasse 15, 8001 Zurich
* Petra’s Tip-Top-Bar is pretty close to “Niederdorf” in a neighbouring street. It is an oldschool gay bar with lots of disco hits and flair.
Address: Seilergraben 13, 8001 Zurich
* Heaven is a gay night club in the center of Zurich. Check here for more information on cool party nights during your citytrip.
Address: Spitalgasse 5, 8001 Zurich
The Zürcher Langstrasse begins near the district court and leads north-northeast. As in so many other cities, the former red-light district is now home to a lively, exciting party scene. Zurich’s Langstrasse is a raging nightlife scene. There are many bars here, one hip club after the other and food is also available around the clock. Thanks to international cuisine and multicultural shopping opportunities, you can also enjoy the metropolitan charm of the street during the day.
* Daniel H.
Bar & Restaurant
Adress: Müllerstrasse 51, 8004 Zurich
* Barometer Bar
Adress: Brauerstr. 46-48, 8004 Zurich
* Moustache Sauna is a men’s Sauna and not so far from Langstrasse. Have fun and enjoy!
Address: Engelstrasse 4, 8004 Zurich
* Bronx Club is a new gay nightclub in Zurich. It is located in a parallel street to Langstrasse.
Address: Kernstrasse 60, 8004 Zurich
* Männerzone is a gay fetish shop – that also includes a bar. What more does the heart want? It’s right across the street from Bronx Club. Check out our video from the store here.
Address: Kernstrasse 57, 8004 Zurich
The district in the west of Zurich’s city centre developed from an industrial quarter into a trendy quarter. Many clubs revived the scene. Not exactly gay clubs, but gay-friendly locations with gay events and lots of electro partys.
Check for more information on gay life in Zurich: